Learn more about our new program and how to qualify for our bursaries of up to $15,000 towards your new Nimbus program.
Nimbus School of Recording & Media has partnered with Capilano University to provide the ability for Nimbus Advanced Music Industry Diploma (AMI) / Music Production, Recording, & Business Diploma (MPRB) graduates to complete a Diploma in Arts and Entertainment Management at CapU in twelve months.
The goals of this pathway program are:
• To enhance student mobility, industry (design, theatre, and related entertainment sectors), and private/public collaboration.
• To widen access to sectors where labor shortages exist, and assist international students achieve eligibility for post-graduate work permits.
• To offer a complimentary of production and academic educational experiences in an accelerated format, thus proving cost/time savings for students wanting to pursue advanced education to enter the workforce.
• To foster opportunities for faculty to collaborate and share resources.
Capilano University is a teaching-focused university offering a wide range of programs and services that support students to succeed in their current studies, in their ongoing education, in their chosen careers, in their lifelong pursuit of knowledge, and in their contribution as responsible citizens in a rapidly changing and diverse global community.
The beauty of Capilano University's North Vancouver and Sunshine Coast campuses and the quality of education offered attract students from around the world. CapU has more than 10,200 students: 9,000 in for-credit programs and nearly 1,200 in non-credit courses, including 2,500 international students.
Disclaimer: Admission to Nimbus does not guarantee access to CapU programs. Applicants must meet CapU requirements. Seat capacity is limited.
Total time to complete
your CapU Arts and
Entertainment (AEM) diploma
• High School Graduation
•Interview/Create a video (3-4 minutes in length) that shows us why you should be in the Arts and Entertainment Management program at Capilano University.
Please address these areas in your video:
• How have you been involved in arts/entertainment?
• What brought you to this field?
• What performance has changed you in some way? How?
• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
• How will the hands-on learning contribute to you career goals?
• What skills or attributes will you bring to the program that will contribute to others' learning?
The AEM diploma program starts each September.
The Capilano University campus is located in North Vancouver and is easily accessible by public transportation. Online and Mixed Mode courses may also be available.
Please Visit: How To Apply Applications open each October for intake the following September
$50 for domestic students and $135 for international students (subject to change).
This is a full-time cohort program and follows a specific program profile. Part-time studies may be possible based on seat availability.
Nimbus School of Recording and Media – AMI diploma program graduates who are admitted into Capilano University’s AEM diploma program will be awarded the following AEM course credits:
• AEM 100-level – 13.5 credits
• AEM 200-level – 3 credits
Based on the above course credits, Nimbus AMI graduates will receive a Total of 16.5 credits
Once an applicant is accepted to the AEM diploma program, based on meeting admission requirements and a successful interview/video, Admissions will send out a letter of acceptance.
Seats are limited to 26 students.
It is not recommended due to the intensity of the program.
CapU has a Bachelor of Performing Arts degree completion program. Please review https://www.capilanou.ca/programs--courses/program-profiles/bachelor-of-performing-arts-degree/
Please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp or contact the Centre for International Experience: email@example.com
There is no on-campus housing, but there is student housing available just a short distance from the North Vancouver campus. All full-time CapU students are eligible to live in residence. To apply or obtain further information, visit their website.
Over the last 20 years, Nimbus has earned its place among the best global entertainment production training institutions through the commitment to industry-immersive education.
This partnership will provide pathway students an advantage in building their creative careers that has never been offered before. We're proud to be working closely with Nimbus on this project.
DR. TED GERVAN, DEAN OF FINE AND APPLIED ARTS - CAPILANO UNIVERSITY
The Nimbus Admissions team can help you submit an application that reflects your abilities, giving you the best chance of being accepted.